Hello, 2016! You came around very quickly. If we’re being honest, I wasn’t quite ready for you, but I guess since you’re here, I won’t complain. If you’re anything like 2015, I think I can let you stay. 2015 was a great year for me. I learned a lot of things about myself. I found my true friends, I discovered what I believe and what my values are, I declared myself as a feminist after learning more and more about what it is, I expanded my knowledge an incredible amount, I pushed myself to be better, and I learned to love myself for who I am and what I am. Why would I want a new me, 2016? Why are you trying to change me? I think instead of finding a new me, I should just love me instead. Here’s why you should too.
- YOU’RE PERFECT.
- You’re incredibly beautiful/handsome. Whatever you prefer, really.
- You look damn good with your hair like that.
- You’re so smart. I don’t care what anyone else has told you. You know that thing you obsess about and no one could ever know more about it than you? That just proves my point.
- Your body looks great the way it is. If you want to lose or gain some weight, that’s fine too. Just please do it in a healthy way.
- You have such a big heart full of love. We all have at least one or two people we can love. It doesn’t have to be a significant other. Love your parents, your friends, and yourself.
- You have the best smile. LOOK AT THOSE PEARLY WHITES! AMAZING!
- Your inner super star shows all the time and it’s marvelous. Don’t put it away! Let your inner super star SHINE!
- Your taste in music is wonderful.
- Your dance moves are ON POINT!
- Your presence is so unique and anyone would be lucky to even be around you.
- Your peculiar habits. You know, the ones that you usually want to say as a random fact about you, but your not sure how people will take it. Just say it anyway. People will love you for it just as you love it.
- You’re simply amazing. That’s that.
If you need more convincing, let me know. I can help you with that. In all seriousness, this year, 2016, please don’t forget to love yourself. This time of year everyone is trying to be different, and for what? You’re already the best you. No one can be a better you than you.
Have a very happy year, everyone!